Special Event Request
The Delaware County Sheriff’s Office will be happy to participate in your special event or come speak about a specific topic. We respectfully ask you first read and agree to the following few guidelines before we consider your request. There is no charge for this service. Thank you for contacting us.
1) Event must take place within Delaware County. IF an event takes place outside of Delaware County, we will consider the request if it is being made by a Delaware County resident and the majority of attendees are from Delaware County.
2) Request must be submitted 30 days prior to the event. This allows our office to ensure adequate staffing and resources are in place before we can make a commitment.
3) The request must be educational in nature.
4) Requests/events must be related to law enforcement/public safety.
5) All requests will be subject to the Sheriff’s approval.
Please note: it is our intention to honor as many requests as possible, although we cannot guarantee every request that meets the above guidelines will be honored. Manpower and other resources will impact our ability to meet all requests.
Ideas for presentations or demonstrations include, but are not limited to, the following:
· K-9 deputies or mounted deputies
· Cruisers or motorcycles
· Summer Safety Tips (youth focused)
· Stranger Danger (for youth)
· Elder Fraud/Scams
· Project Lifesaver (for Alzheimer's, autistics & others with challenges)
· Neighborhood Block Watch
· radKIDS self-defense for kids
· Drug & Alcohol Prevention
· Bullying prevention
· Response to Active Shooter/Intruder
· ‘Meet the Sheriff’
MAKE YOUR REQUEST
Click here to complete the request form.
Instructions for submitting the form (via fax or e-mail) are at the bottom of the form.